D/2 Biological Solution
removes organic growth from most surfaces. It lasts a minimum of five (5) times longer than bleach, peroxides, and power-washing. D/2 is safe to use near grass and most landscape plantings. It is a safe, easy to use liquid that removes a broad spectrum of biological deposits from hard environmental surfaces. A contact time of only one or two minutes will loosen most fungal and algal deposits with manual scrubbing and is typically sufficient for excellent results.
In some cases, growth of bacteria, fungi, algae, lichens, and mosses may contribute to the degradation of many types of construction materials, and can be disfiguring. D/2 can be utilized to control this problem on outdoor sculptures, monuments, decorative fountains, gravestones, and tombs. Biological growth found on some individual building features - such as parapets and zones of ground contact - or materials can also be treated with D/2, although it is not a general purpose architectural cleaner.
- Necessary contact time is only 1 to 2 minutes
- Keeps surfaces clean for a minimum of one year in most cases
- Safe for landscape plantings and grass
- No detrimental effects on masonry
- Non-toxic and biodegradable.
- No special requirements for handling and storage.
- Pre-wet the entire surface of the stone with clean water. Keep it wet throughout the cleaning process.
- Apply D/2 Biological Solution with a pump sprayer.
- Scrub surface thoroughly with a non-metallic, short fibered soft bristle scrub brush.
- Allow the undiluted D/2 to remain on the surface for 1 to 2 minutes, then apply additional D/2 to maintain a wet surface.
- Lightly mist with water and continue scrubbing.
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water.
- Rinse with a hose or pump sprayer to be certain that no D/2 residue is left behind.
- Heavy biological deposits can be removed by manually scraping using wooden or plastic tools immediately before misting.
- For lighter deposits, D/2 can be diluted with water from 1:1 to 1:4 parts water by volume. Perform small tests to determine whether dilutions will provide effective removal of growth.
- For optimal antibacterial action, dilutions should remain on the surface for 2 to 10 minutes. Apply the dilution(s) as described above: apply, scrub, wait, reapply, mist, then scrub again and rinse. Prepare fresh dilutions daily.
- MOCA DOES NOT recommend the No Scrub/No Rinse Method or applying and leaving a final coat of D/2 on old stones, as described in the D/2 product instructions.