The Maine Old Cemetery Association's (MOCA's) mission is to encourage and support the preservation, maintenance, and study of old cemeteries and related records. Thus, our policies include the following:
MOCA Logo / Endorsements
MOCA members, businesses, or individuals shall not use the MOCA logo in any capacity, or imply that MOCA endorses and/or recommends their products or services.
- Membership in the Maine Old Cemetery Association (MOCA) does not constitute endorsement/approval of member products, procedures, or services. Any use of the MOCA logo is prohibited without express permission of the Maine Old Cemetery Association.
MOCA Promotions / Sales
- MOCA may promote books, fundraising, membership, etc. on behalf of a nonprofit organization hosting a MOCA event during the same calendar year in which the event was scheduled.
- For profit business/vendor booths will not be permitted at MOCA meetings other than for the featured speaker(s) or the hosting organization.
MOCA Workshop Volunteers
- MOCA hires Grave Stone Matters of Hoosick Falls, New York to conduct all MOCA four-day preservation workshops. It is their requirement to choose workshop volunteers from those who have been properly trained by them and who conduct themselves within their expectations and standards.
- At any point throughout the duration of any workshop, participants and volunteers not following previously stated safety practices and/or case specific directives regarding work within the cemetery will be dismissed and asked to leave the cemetery property.
- Grave Stone Matters has built a reputation by following established standards to make a positive impact in cemeteries throughout the country, and thanks MOCA for continued dedication to promoting safe maintenance, knowledge and acceptable methods of preservation in Maine’s cemeteries.