Mark Cheetham's new book, Maine Cemetery Trampers' Companion, is a perfect gift for anyone with an interest in cemeteries.
It contains a wide sampling of cemetery related information. Inside the covers of this informative book you will find:
* A bit of general history of cemeteries,
* Information about some names given to the wide variety of memorials,
* Details about stone composition;
* How to tell one stone material from another;
* Where in Maine a given type of stone might have been quarried;
* Tips and tricks which can be utilized to read shallowly inscribed and weathered stones;
* A graveyard dictionary which includes the meanings of some of the initials found on stones and markers.
The section Symbols on Stone contains some of the meanings of the various items represented in gravestone art work. A sixty page timeline, with an emphasis on Maine, notes many historical events in order to provide a closer look at what was going on during the lifetimes of those gone before.
This 94-page comb bound book is printed on 32 lb. paper.
Price includes shipping & handling.